Here is an update from the Atlantic Region from this past Radon Action Month:
The Nova Scotia library testing programs are going very well. The Nova Scotia Lung Association has been very active this year. There is a long wait list for rental of radon monitors.
Miramichi has had radon added to the November page of the calendar that is delivered to each household in the region.
Newfoundland – Kelley believes that they are testing their schools.
Wabana, NL on Belle Island distributed free test kits as part of the 100 Radon Test Kit challenge.
Moncton – in November the TAOR group presented at a one-day Radon Workshop run by CARST, and also ran an Awareness Evening and handed out test kits. Moncton was the first of the 100 Test Kits Communities.
- Trudeau asked about radon in Miramichi
- Radon detectors in high demand at Nova Scotia libraries
- COMMENTARY: MINERAL SURVEYS OF NOVA SCOTIA WOULD HELP INDUSTRY, ENHANCE PUBLIC SAFETY
- RADON DETECTOR LIBRARY LOAN PROGRAM GETS AN INFLUX OF NEW DEVICES TO HELP MEET DEMAND
- More radon detector kits coming to libraries to help keep up with demand
- More radon detector kits coming to local libraries
- VOICE OF THE PEOPLE: Nov. 24, 2018 – Test for Radon
Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program
The Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program (C-NRPP) is a certification program that establishes guidelines and provides training and resources radon professionals.