We are challenging municipalities across Canada to take part in the 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge. Sign up today to be one of the first 15 communities in the inaugural year of this challenge.
The 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge targets municipalities across Canada where radon testing has thus far been limited, but where there is a potential for homes to have elevated radon levels.
The program will provide 100 test kits to each participating municipality, to be distributed to citizens for free or for a nominal fee.
We are currently recruiting community champions to take on this project in their community.
Do you think your community would be a great candidate for this project? Then maybe you’d like to become a Community Liaison:
Each community needs a Community Liaison:
- this is an individual(s) who is with a non-profit organization; municipal employee or works for a non-corporate entity
- the individual(s) would be committed to developing a Recruitment Plan to share information with their community members to help recruit 100 participants for the project (resources for a recruitment plan can be found below)
- the individual(s) would develop an idea for distribution and collection strategy for the radon test kits (see ideas below) including a method and timeline, and also help their community members with the online sign-up
- work with the Take Action on Radon team to keep us in touch with success and challenges so we can provide some assistance
- report back to us with lessons learned; we would love to be able to use your success and challenges to help other communities
Want more information? Complete the form below and we will follow up with you.
Or perhaps you are ready to jump in? Complete this form to sign up your community.