We are challenging municipalities across Canada to take part in the 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge.
Sign up today to join this challenge for 2019-2020 fall and winter.
The 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge targets municipalities across Canada where radon testing has thus far been limited, but where there is a potential for homes to have elevated radon levels. The program will provide 100 test kits to each participating municipality, to be distributed to citizens for free or for a nominal fee. We are currently recruiting Community Liaisons to take on this project in their community.
Congratulations to the following communities who have already signed up:
|Test Kits Distributed||Test Kit Drop Off Dates||Test Drop Off Location|
|Moncton, NB||Distribution Completed||March 5-7, 2019||Window World, 120 Halifax Street, Moncton E1C 9S1|
|Souris, MB||January 7, 2018||April 15-18, 2019 (9:30am – 3:30pm)||Souris-Glenwood Community Development Corporation, 100-2nd Street S.|
|Salmon Arm, BC||January 14, 2018||April 15-18th 2019||Library, Okanagan College – Salmon Arm Campus, 2552 10th Ave NE (TCH)|
|Winnipeg, MB||January 14, 2018||April 29-May 3, 2019||Tracy Tyefisher, Medical Physics, Room ON 2118-675 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, MB|
|Spruce Grove, AB||January 21, 2018||April 29 – May 3, 2019||Parkland County Office, 1 AB-779, Stony Plain, AB T7Z 2Y1|
Do you think your community would be a great candidate for this project? Then maybe you’d like to become a Community Liaison.
- this is an individual(s) who is with a non-profit organization; municipal employee or works for a non-corporate entity
- the individual(s) would be committed to developing a Recruitment Plan to share information with their community members to help recruit 100 participants for the project (resources for a recruitment plan can be found below)
- the individual(s) would develop an idea for distribution and collection strategy for the radon test kits (see ideas below) including a method and timeline, and also help their community members with the online sign-up
- work with the Take Action on Radon team to keep us in touch with success and challenges so we can provide some assistance
- report back to us with lessons learned; we would love to be able to use your success and challenges to help other communities
Want more information? Check out the following information: 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge Information Package
Or perhaps you are ready to jump in? Complete this form to sign up your community.