Are there any funding supports for RADON MITIGATION?
NEW!! Lungs Matter – Radon Mitigation Grant Program
The Canadian Lung Association has recently lanched a new grant program to help people across Canada afford radon mitigation services.
The Lungs Matter Grant Program aims to provide financial support to individuals who have been diagnosed with lung cancer and individuals considered a low-moderate income households with priority given to the low-income households.
Radon Mitigation Grants – Regional District of Central Okanagan
- This program is for residents of the RDCO (City of Kelowna, City of West Kelowna, Westbank First Nation, District of Lake Country, District of Peachland, RDCO Central Okanagan East and Central Okanagan West electoral areas). The grant provides a reimbursement of up to 80% of the mitigation cost if you have mitigated your home using a C-NRPP professional. The total reimbursement amount is limited to $500 (or up to $1500 if you qualify for the low income amount). Find more details here.
Tarion Home Warranty in Ontario
- Covers the cost of radon mitigation in new homes in Ontario that are 7 years old or less
- The Ontario Renovates Program provides homeowners with forgivable loan assistance to low- and moderate-income households to assist them in performing eligible major repairs, renovations and accessibility modifications to their homes. This program is run by each region and the amount of funding, eligibility requirements and application process are different in each region. You can contact the program in your region to determine if you qualify for funding and if radon mitigation would be considered an eligible project.
The Lung Association, Manitoba
- Provides $1500 grant for Manitoba homeowners who are low income or who have lung cancer.
Lung Saskatchewan’s Caring Breaths Financial Assistance program
- Provides $1000 reimbursement for Saskatchewan homeowners who have mitigated their home
Various Quebec Municipalities – Vaudreille-Dorion and Victoriaville Habitation Durable
- Provide $500 grant for residents in their environmental grant programs
- Provide an loan for radon mitigation; Manitoba homeowners can pay off the loan on their hydro bill
Saskatchewan Home Renovation Grant
- 2 year tax rebate available until December 2022 – includes radon mitigation
Radon Reduction Sweepstakes
- Take Action on Radon have a contest to give 10 prizes of $500 away to homeowners across Canada