TEST. REDUCE. WIN!
By taking action to reduce radon levels, you ensure safe, healthy air in your home which helps to prevent lung cancer.
Take Action on Radon (TAOR) and the Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST) have partnered to offer a total of $10,000 in prizes for a National Radon Reduction Sweepstakes! Homeowners that have tested their home for radon and taken action to reduce levels to below Health Canada’s recommended guideline of 200 Bq/m3 have a chance to receive a rebate for up to $1,000 towards the cost of the radon reduction method in their home. There will be 10 draws, each worth up to $1,000 with two prizes awarded per region.
The current contest is closed, but stay tuned for information on next year’s contest.
The winners of this year’s contest are the following:
Glenn Schneider from Trail, BC
Jo-Anne Stoltz from Castlegar, BC
Tanya Graham from Calgary, AB
Mark Knettig from Edmonton, AB
Brett Seidler from Regina, SK
Suzanne Marit from Willow Bunch, SK
Dave Dobson from Kanata, ON
Roy Stock from Gorham, ON
Robert Edwards from Hardwicke, NB
Darryl Jonah from Studholm, NB
- Radon reduction method must be conducted in a residential dwelling.
- Sweepstakes participant must have mitigated home for radon in the last five years (June 1, 2013-June 30, 2018).
- Sweepstakes participant must be willing to share name, reduction method story and photos, and to participate in any media activities related to sweepstake.
- Sweepstakes participant must show proof of payment (invoice with paid stamp) and proof that they used a C-NRPP mitigation professional (http://c-nrpp.ca/find-a-professional/).
- Limited to one entry/household (if sweepstakes participant has entered multiple properties they are only eligible for one prize).
- Winners will receive payment for costs associated with radon reduction methods up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Participants will be entered by region, two prizes will be awarded per region. The regions are defined as follows: British Columbia/Yukon, Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan/Manitoba, Ontario, Atlantic/Nunavut.
- For a total of 10 prizes, the chances of winning depends on the number of entries.
- Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada, except for Quebec, who are 18 years of age or older.
- You must complete the skill testing question included on the application.