By taking action to reduce radon levels, you ensure safe, healthy air in your home which helps to prevent lung cancer.
Take Action on Radon (TAOR) and the Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST) have partnered to offer a total of $8,000 in prizes for a National Radon Reduction Sweepstakes! Homeowners who have tested their home for radon and taken action to reduce levels to below Health Canada’s recommended guideline of 200 Bq/m3 have a chance to receive a rebate towards the cost of the radon reduction method in their home. There will be 16 draws, each worth up to $500.
Announcing: Radon Reduction Sweepstakes Winner from 2019/2020
Rob Milne, Regina SK
Stacey Mead, Regina SK
Alex Privalov, Calgary, AB
Earl Head, Halifax, NS
Darrell Miskovich, Vernon, BC
Melissa Metallic, Listuguj, QC
Alexandra Pulvermacher, Regina SK
Jeff Szumlanski, Kingston, ON
Jan Adam King, Salmon Arm, BC
Maria Joudrey, Upper Tantalon, NS
Melissa McClement, White City, SK
2018-2019 Radon Reduction Sweepstakes Winners:
2017-2018 Radon Reduction Sweepstakes Winners:
Other 2018-2019 winners include:
Glenn Schneider from Trail, BC
Jo-Anne Stoltz from Castlegar, BC
Suzanne Marit from Willow Bunch, SK
Radon Reduction Sweepstakes Rules for 2021 – 2022
- Radon reduction must have been conducted in a residential dwelling.
- Participant must have mitigated the home for radon between January 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022.
- Deadline to submit the contest application is July 15, 2022 at 11:59 pm CDT.
- Sweepstakes participants must be willing to share their name, radon reduction story and photos, and to participate in any media activities related to sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes participant must show proof of payment (a photocopy or scanned copy of invoice with paid stamp) and proof that they used a C-NRPP mitigation professional as listed at the following link (http://c-nrpp.ca/find-a-professional/).
- Limited to one entry/household (if sweepstakes participant has entered multiple properties they are only eligible for one prize).
- Winners will receive payment for costs associated with radon reduction methods up to a maximum of $500.
- Participants will be entered by region, with two prizes awarded per region (8 regions) for a total of 16 prizes. The regions are defined as follows: British Columbia, Yukon, Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Manitoba/Nunavut, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic.
- For a total of 16 prizes, the chances of winning depend on the number of entries.
- The Radon Reduction Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees and representatives of CARST and those residing with them may not participate in the contest.
- Winners must have correctly completed the skill-testing question included on the contest application.
- Winners will be selected by draw and announced September 2022.
- The draw will take place at the CARST office (address below).
- Prizes will be delivered to all contest winners.
- Residents of Quebec are to note that any disputes as to the organisation of the contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux to be settled. A dispute as the awarding of a prize may only be submitted to the Régie with the goal of mediation to settle the dispute.
- Contest applications can be completed online or downloaded and completed manually and sent to: (entries must be postmarked no later than July 15, 2022)
Download form here: 2021/2022 Radon Reduction Sweepstakes form
Radon Reduction Sweepstakes
4 Donald McClintock Bay
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2G 3N3