What’s happening in Manitoba
- Manitoba Radon Network:
- Open to individuals, groups, organizations and partners involved in radon projects, initiatives, programs or other environmental work that involves radon, with an interest to reduce the risk of radon exposure to Manitobans.
- The Manitoba Lung Association was able to do a live feed from a client’s home during the placement of a radon test with a local television station. They’ll do a follow-up with the results of the testing
- CARST/C-NRPP attended the Manitoba Home Builders Association
- The community of Souris is participating in the 100 Test Kit Challenge; the community is very engaged
- Nicol hosted a radon session at Cancer Care Manitoba in January and provided free radon test kits to 100 participants through the 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge
- Health Canada attended the Winnipeg Home and Renovation Show in January
Do you know of radon initiatives or events happening in Manitoba? Is your municipality doing something related to radon? Share your event!
Radon in the news
- “Manitoba homes rank 2nd highest in Canada for radon contamination,” Global News, November 17, 2018 (video)
- “Up to 30 per cent of Winnipeg homes have unsafe levels of radon: Lung association,” Global News, November 26, 2018 (video)
Or check out other provinces
Manitoba Lung Association
The Manitoba Lung Association provides education and awareness to Manitobans about radon and the health risks associated with long-term exposure to high concentrations. In addition, the Manitoba Lung Association sells Health Canada approved long-term radon test kits, which includes laboratory analysis costs.