As a homeowner who has learned about radon, tested your home and you want to help others, there are things you can do to take action on radon and help your community:
Share information with neighbours.
- Help us spread the word about radon testing and let you neighbours know that testing is easy. You can direct them to a list of providers at takeactiononradon.ca/test/radon-test-kits/
Share your story.
- Testing for radon is still a bit of an unknown concept, but sharing testimonials is a great way to help encourage others to test. Upload your story on why you think others should test here.
Reduce high radon.
- Do you need to reduce levels. Let us know if you have any questions. You can find a mitigation professional to help online at: c-nrpp.ca/find-a-professional
- Have you already reduced your radon, you can enter to win the Radon Reduction Sweepstakes here.
- Reducing radon levels is still a bit of an unknown concept. Share your feedback here to help educate others.
Advocate for change.
- Consider ways that change in policy could help protect people in your community and help us advocate for policy changes.
The Take Action on Radon team is available to support your community in continuing to build radon awareness and encourage radon testing. We can consult on building issues, present on the 100 Radon Test Kit Challenge, and make recommendations or provide guidance on municipal programs.