What’s happening in Alberta
- Evict Radon is taking place again this year, based in Calgary, deadline to purchase test kits is January 30, 2019.
- Still waiting for BILL 209: RADON AWARENESS AND TESTING ACT to finalize.
Do you know of radon initiatives or events happening in Alberta? Is your municipality doing something related to radon? Share your event!
Radon in the news
- “Call to test for radon levels in Edmonton homes,” CTV News Edmonton, January 24, 2019 (video)
- “Radon gas concentrations may be even higher in rural Alberta than in big cities,” University of Calgary, UToday, December 14, 2018
- “Powell River library makes radon detection kits available,” Powell River Peak, November 28, 2018
- “Check your home for radon level — it’s a leading cause of lung cancer,” Clinton News Record, November 23, 2018
Or check out other provinces
Evict Radon is an organization founded by scientists in the fight against radon, which sells radon test kits to homeowners. By testing your home and participating in our study, you will be helping researchers across Canada understand radon exposure and develop new ways to protect ourselves and loved ones. The results from your simple 90+ day test are then taken forward by researchers to understand how our environment influences our radon exposure.
Alberta and NWT Lung Association
The Alberta and NWT Lung Association provides education and awareness to Albertans about radon and the health risks associated with long-term exposure to high concentrations. In addition, the Alberta and NWT Lung Association sells Health Canada approved long-term radon test kits, which includes laboratory analysis costs.